Monday 7 July 2008

Can you believe it is already July...

I cannot believe that it is July already !! We have been in the UK now going on 8 months, it feels like just the other day we were packing up our lives in South Africa and getting ready to move. The last couple of months have actually been a blur, I think it may have something to do with the fact that it took 6 weeks from the time I got the signed job offer to us getting on a plane headed for Heathrow. When I look back now, it was amazing how Sean and I actually coped with everything. Things are settling down for us now as a family and we just loving every moment being here and making this our home.

I thought I would share two of my LO's that I have done recently. I have made a commitment to myself to do more meaningful layouts, even if they are simple. I really want to capture my thoughts and feelings versus doing just pretty LO's all the time.

Emma is such a little miss, she loves the camera and loves posing for me. She thinks it is a game to see the photo I have just taken immediately on the LCD screen of the camera. Yesterday when I showed her this LO I had done of her she said ' Wow ! Mummy that is beautiful !! '




The LO above is my eldest son Liam, this is the type of LO I want to do all the time when it comes to the journaling, this is what I call meaningful journaling. The journalling portray's my feelings and thoughts.

I joined Shimelle's 'My Freedom' online class today. I can't wait to get going on this, and yes I am going to commit to doing it now and not leaving it for later! I have decided that because I am on a stash diet I am going to make my album from my own stash too.

2 comments:

elliemook said...

Glad to hear you are settling in, those layouts are beautiful. Hope you enjoy Shimelles class, I made the same promise about using my own stash and then an album jumped into my shopping basket lol! x

~*{ Michelle }*~ said...

Love both your lo's Bee! The colours on Emma's lo are so bright and cheerful and the red, black and white works perfect for Liam's boy page!

Feathery by Tim Holtz

I die cut the feathers from the Tim Holtz Feathery set. I used some Distress Stain sprays, ran them through the 3D industrious embossing fol...