Sunday 1 March 2009

Latest ...

Today was crop day, and as usual I talk to much and get nothing done. 6 Hours and only 2 layouts is just funny. But hey, at least I get to be with a bunch of fab girls !!!
The LO below started as a 8.5 x 11, the first one I did ever, I must be honest, I liked it but then thought it to be impractical because I don't have an album to put them in. I was thinking today, I need to change the way I scrap, I need to tell more of a story, so I really tried here, these LO's are not pretty , but at least they tell a story. I am also getting a bit tired of just 12 x 12, I need to do more mini books. Something different. Maybe some altered stuff.
Okay so the story behind the LO of Liam is that, he is forever wearing his South African T shirt, he loves and he loves being South African. We have been in the UK now for over a year, and he wants to remember his roots, he wants to learn Afrikaans. I do believe we owe that to him....



LO below is Emma and her affiliation to her brothers DS's. She has asked often for a PINK one, there is just no way that at 4 years that she will ever own one. Sorry Baby !!! You too young.

3 comments:

Tertia said...

I think they are 'pretty', pretty important that is! I don't know how, but seeing that I am an Afrikaans teacher, maybe I can help. He must be a very special boy to know how importaznt roots are at such a young age.

Anonymous said...

hello my friend, you know what, its wonderful to see you scrapping again. And scrapping stories too. I think thats so important. You did real good. I love the pages, because not all have to be flashy but can be simple in nature and just reflect whats important.
x
val

Lynsey said...

You LO's are so lovely, you are very talented Bee and I value your friendship. xxx

Feathery by Tim Holtz

I die cut the feathers from the Tim Holtz Feathery set. I used some Distress Stain sprays, ran them through the 3D industrious embossing fol...